Friday, March 16, 2012

Of books and inspiration

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I love libraries. They are such a great source of inspiration, I could spend hours browsing, pulling books from shelves and flicking through the pages, checking out titles on the spines of others (that was before I had kids, now I'll be lucky if I can escape for 1mn from the kids' section and squeeze a book on Tahi's library card (I lost mine, long story)).
So often I've come across a book that touched on a subject I've wanted to explore, or that had amazing pictures. There are so many or my wish list (hint hint).
Gisborne has got an amazing library and Wellington is also up there in the list of cool libraries Tahi and I like to hang out in. Here are a few of the recent "scores" (anyone ever wish the computer systems broke down?), maybe you'll be inspired too!

A beautiful book about african textile patterns. This one is for the eyes and it's a feast. There is also a great little blurb about the meaning of some particular prints too. AND it comes with a CD.




And then a book called "1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse".



This book I found at our local library in Gizzy. Went straight to my wish list.


 Awesome right? This book has been hugely inspiring. It's convinced me there is a real potential for upcycled clothing and motivated me to keep exploring this trend further.

And while we're at it, here's another book on my wishlist (because you can never have too many, hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment