Monday, August 15, 2011

Our library

For a small town, Gisborne has got a more than decent library. Lots of books, for kids and adults, references of all sorts new and old. Tons of cooking books including ones for people on special diets, various cultures and countries, famous chefs, specific ingredients, great art books, lots of sewing books (although I have to admit more old fashioned ones than "cutting edge" ones), arts and crafts... Tahi, Miro and I go there at least once a week, and never walk out empty handed. They seem to have a never ending supply of dinosaur books. Whenever we go our routine is to look through all the kids' books to find dinosaur themed ones first. I'm always convinced we'll only find ones we've read before but no, there always seems to be a new one.
I love getting books out for myself too, and I'm rarely disappointed. A few months back I shared a post about my bookbinding fun with the help of a library book. I also like browsing the pages of books about refashioning, like "Born Again Vintage". Great for ideas!


A few weeks ago I also found a book about how to choose wardrobe essentials. It was interesting and I liked some of the styles.






There's no denying the internet is a great source of inspiration and ideas, but every now and again it's great to find a real book about a specific subject and just browse, sitting on the loo (I love reading in the loo!) or snuggled in bed under my duvet (we don't own a laptop), I find there's something quite special about it. I also believe I might never come across something similar on the web lost in all that information and there's nothing like walking aimlessly along the aisles of a library to pick up a book on a subject we'd never have looked into otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment