Saturday, April 2, 2011

mini art journal challenge: weeks 50, 51 and 52!

Yeeeeesss!!! I made it, I got through this challenge!
It feels really nice to have stuck to making a card a week (well at least in theory, some weeks were more productive than others!), and at the same time I'm glad it's over. What do I take from this whole year of "art for art's sake"? Well, I'd like to keep making some kind of art, just for my selfish self. Now that I've achieved this goal, I'd like to set another of setting aside an hour a week for doing the same but different: painting, collage, making, sewing... Let's see what comes out of that!

Week 50: "The greatest gift". I took me a while to come up with something, shows that all these material gifts get forgotten pretty quick! Living far from family and friends, for me the greatest gift is having a loved one close by. My mum came over from France to stay with us for 2 months a couple of months back, to help me with the transition of going from one to two children. What a great help she was and how nice to have her to ourselves for two whole months. Tahi was in heaven, he loved all the attention and they bonded so well, it was beautiful to watch. She's very attached to her home sweet home, has her habits and  most of all likes tidiness. Needless to say she wasn't in her element at our house, and probably felt homesick more than once. She never said anything, but knowing this made me appreciate her stay even more. A great gift.


Week 51: "Made me think of you". Okay, this one had me stuck for weeks. I almost didn't finish the challenge because of this card. You'd think I come across dozens of things that remind me of people everyday, being so far away and all. Couldn't think of anything. My mind would go blank like I was back at school sitting a test. Anyway, in the end, I decided that the madeleine of Proust was more my style. My grandma used to make this beautiful chocolate mousse that made my mouth water at the thought of it. She passed away a while ago now, but I still remember the taste of her mousse. Unfortunately I lost the recipe and I've never tasted one that was quite the same. the recipe on the card is the one I currently use that makes a beautifully rich chocolate mousse.


Week 52: "Art". My last card! I had great fun making it, that's what art is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment